Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Q&A

I recently participated in a book swap on Craftster. One of the books my partner sent me was Q&A by Vikas Swarup. Q&A is the novel that the movie Slumdog Millionaire is based upon.
I really enjoyed the movie. I even saw it twice in the theater (not something I do often) and my sister and I have been known to rock out in the car to the soundtrack. Needless to say, I was really excited to read the book.

But oh my- the movie could not be any more different then the book! Only two of the characters even have the same name and their roles are different as well! There was the same plot, but all the details were different! Despite this, I still enjoyed both the movie and the book. I just have to think of them as two separate things with similar themes.

If you like to read, I suggest you get Q&A. If not, watch the movie. Both were great!

No comments:

Post a Comment